Fairfax Volunteers is a town-sponsored group whose mission is to foster good will in the Town of Fairfax. We plan events and undertake projects to strengthen the community, improve town safety and awareness, and to make living in Fairfax special. Volunteers not only help the community, but we meet our neighbors, make new friends, and have a lot of fun!
- Sign up for our Email Newsletter – The newsletter comes out about once a month, with updates on Town events, information from local safety organizations like Get Ready Marin, and other fun and useful tidbits.
- Most importantly, you can Volunteer for an event. Our event registration website has events from many Town organizations, like Sustainable Fairfax, F.O.C.A.S., and more!
We also partner with organizations to promote events, recruit volunteers, and help with venue sponsorship. Contact us if you are planning a community event and would like our help.
Catch up on our latest news below, or check out our calendar for upcoming events! There are lots of great things to do, and lots of ways to get involved.
Help reduce fire load in Fairfax with two chipper days coming up in September!
You may bring brush trimmed to 4 inches in diameter. No grass, rocks, firewood, or leaves.
- Saturday, September 10th from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Doc Edgar Park- at Cypress & Hickory
- Saturday, September 24th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Deer Park parking lot
Sunday, September 18 – Noon – 5:00 PM
The 10th Annual Fairfax Townwide Picnic
Where: Central Ball Field
When: Sunday, September 18, noon-5pm
Cost: Free – donations gratefully accepted
Don’t miss the 10th Annual Town-wide Picnic! Free entertainment includes
- Jumpee Houses
- Face Painting
- Games and races
- Music by the Tom Finch Band
This event is fun for the whole family!
- Food for sale from Taste
- Beer for sale donated by Iron Springs Brewery.
The Picnic Needs You!
Please consider volunteering for this event… its future depends on it!
Sign up at www.eventsvolunteer.com or contact Maria at 415-456-5652
The Fairfax Festival is coming June 11th and 12th. Please click the picture to volunteer!
December 12 and 13 is packed full of holiday fun for the family!
Get your shopping done early and support local artisans by coming to the Fairfax Craft Faire! Proceeds support Sustainable Fairfax and Fairfax Recreation.
Come to the Women’s Club building for an afternoon of wreath-making, caroling, and a visit from Santa. Bring a beverage or treat to share (store-bought is fine!) and get into the holiday spirit!
Help the environment and protect our community from flooding by joining our Creek Clean-up!